Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Milky Way Galaxy Meets Franconia Notch

Via Flickr:
I have been seeing more and more shots like these and happened to try it after a wedding I shot this past Saturday. I had seen some really spectacular captures of the night sky like nothing I have seen before. So with a little research and such I was heading through Franconia and there is a beautiful spot there called Echo Lake. Now it was about 9:30pm when I was out there and I wasn't worried about being mugged all by myself in complete darkness but more so wondering if a black bear may eat me and my gear! That being said, I hadn't any interesting encounters other than taking some really freaky night sky shots. This here shows traffic on interstate 93 with Franconia Notch dividing the highway. Above you can clearly see the beauty of the night sky...all I can say is I had a great time and even though I was tired after shooting the wedding the outcome was quite pleasing. Will be trying it again when I find myself all alone in the darkness of the NH forests.

No comments:

Post a Comment